Monday, January 19, 2009

The Spirit Beast is Mine!!!!!!!!!!

After almost 2 months of searching, I finally tamed the rare & elusive spirit beast, Loque'nahak!!!! I was so excited after I tamed him that I was shaking & my heart was racing...lol. I knew I wanted this guy as a pet from the first time I saw screenshots of him on Petopia & BigRedKitty. So, as soon as I turned 76, I set out to Sholazar Basin and began my search. I will not lie. This has been the most frustrating & demoralizing tame of my WoW experience...lol. However, all of the negatives immediately go away once you tame this beautiful beast =)

Loque'nahak is ultra rare. He is the only spirit beast and his model is completely unique. He is one of 3 rare elites that can spawn in Sholazar Basin & he can spawn in more than 6 different locations. In addition, it is speculated that only one rare elite can spawn at a time & that they spawn on a 3 to 6 hour timer. In short, it can be a daunting prospect to tame this guy. My only advice is not to give up as I almost had. My main method of searching was to patrol on my flying mount through the known spawn locations with my beast tracking up & spamming my target macro. As I said, I've been doing this for almost 2 months now & I've only seen Loque'nahak once....the time I was able to tame him.

I've tried checking every hour for awhile, waking up in the middle of the night, trying first thing in the morning & checking right after a server reset. Nothing seemed to work. In all that time, I never saw the spirit beast once & I only ever saw the corpse of another elite, King Krush. Slowly, I began to come to the realization that I might never find this guy, so I slowed down in my pursuit. I only looked for him when I did the Oracle daily quests. A couple of times, I thought I found him only to see that some other Hunter decided that it would be fun to name his pet after Loque'nahak. His pet would keep on coming up in my targeting macro. I learned to hate this Hunter...lol. Once I became exalted with the Oracles, I pretty much had given up my search. I really had no reason to come back to Sholazar on a day to day basis. However, I kept on searching once a week when I would go to buy my mysterious egg. Today at approximately 10:30 A.M., my persistence finally paid off =)

It really didn't seem real at the time...hehe. I heard the sound of something coming up as my target & looked to see that it was Loque'nahak! Then it disappeared! I realized that he had just gone out of range & frantically began spamming my macro. I found him by the gorillas in the southern part of the zone. I put down a freezing trap, but I don't even think it went off...lol. I just started the tame & held my breath as the seconds went by. Thankfully, no one else was around & the tame was a success. I think this might be the best thing that has ever happened to me in the game =)